Valentine’s Day is coming up fast! These easy Chocolate Cake Mix and M&Ms Valentine’s Day cookies are super cute and super delicious. I’ve made these cookies twice recently, and I can say that without a doubt this is a new favorite in our household. They are soft, they have great texture, and they taste really, really good. Plus they’re just so adorable!
Mise En Place, Baby!
“Mise en place” is French for “everything in its place.” It’s a term that I learned in one of my college cooking classes. Before you start any recipe, you should gather your ingredients and equipment. It makes for a much smoother process. So here’s what you need to grab: one box of chocolate cake mix, white chocolate chips, M&M’s, eggs (for the egg whites), flour, oil, and Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles. You’ll also need a mixing bowl, baking sheets, parchment paper, a plate, and your various measuring equipment.
For this particular recipe I have used Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. I’ve used it every time that I’ve made this recipe, and I absolutely love it. I’m sure it would be okay to use other chocolate cake mixes, but I can’t speak for the quality or taste of the cookies after using something else. If you can find the Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, then I highly recommend using it.
Get to Baking!
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients it’s time to start baking. These cookies are beautiful AND easy. I promise! In fact, they’re so easy that my 8 year old daughter made them almost completely by herself one time. I was one proud mama.
First, you’ll want to preheat that oven of yours to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While it’s preheating, grab the mixing bowl. In the bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, the flour, the oil and the egg whites. Mix them together well. It’ll be thick and slightly sticky. Once you’ve mixed them together, add in your M&M’s and white chocolate chips.
From here you’ll begin to roll out your cookies into balls. You’ll want to use a tablespoon to scoop the dough. This will ensure that your cookies are similar in size. Once you’ve rolled the dough into balls, pour your Valentine’s Day sprinkles onto a plate. Roll each ball of cookie dough through the sprinkles. Place the sprinkle-covered dough balls on the baking sheet 2-3 inches apart. From here you can press extra white chocolate chips or M&Ms into the tops of the cookies if you’d like.
Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. Once they’re done, let them cool on a rack for 5 minutes before transferring them to another surface. They will be soft and delicious!
You can store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week. I haven’t tried freezing them, but I’m sure you can do that, too.
A Great Valentine’s Day Cookie
These Easy Chocolate Cake Mix and M&M’s Valentine’s Day Cookies are one of my new favorites. They are absolutely beautiful and festive, as well as amazing in taste. The great thing about a cookie like this is that you can switch up the sprinkles and M&M’s to fit any holiday or season. So go ahead, make these for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day. Once you do, they’ll love you forever!
If you try them, let me know how you like them in the comments below! For other recipes, check out the “Food” section on my website. And don’t forget…you can follow me on Instagram and TikTok for other exclusive content!
Easy Chocolate Cake Mix and M&M’s Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 1 box Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup M&M's Valentine's Day variety
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles Valentine's Day variety
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In your mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg whites, flour and oil. It should be completely combined when you're done mixing.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of M&M's and the 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips. Mix into the dough.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll into balls. Place them on a baking sheet. Once you've rolled all of your cookie dough balls, pour the 1/2 cup of sprinkles on to a plate. Roll each dough ball through the sprinkles. Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheets approximately 2-3 inches apart.
- If you have M&M's and white chocolate chips leftover, you can go back and press some of each into the tops of your cookies.
- Place the cookies in the oven. Bake at 350° F for approximately 9 to 11 minutes. They will still be soft when they come out of the oven.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before transferring them from the baking sheet to another surface. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- This recipe will make approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- I have only ever made this recipe with Betty Crocker’s Delight’s Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix. While I’m sure you can substitute with another chocolate cake mix, I can’t speak for the taste or texture.
- If you want to omit either the M&M’s or the chocolate chips, that’s fine! But trust me, they’ll be better with both.