My seven year old daughter LOVES Domino’s stuffed cheesy bread. Any time we order takeout pizza she asks for that over actual pizza. There was one day recently she wanted some, but it was still a little too early in the day to order. No problem! We went to our local Walmart, grabbed a few things, and came up with this easy recipe.
Easy and Cheesy!
This recipe is so easy, and so cheesy! My daughter loves all things cheese bread. The cheesier and the stringier the better. She gets so much satisfaction from seeing melted cheese as it pulls between two pieces of bread. That’s the beauty of a recipe like this. Not only is it easy, but you can also alter it to make it the way that YOU like it.
The ingredients are pretty simple, too. You don’t need to know how to make pizza dough or breadstick dough from scratch. I wanted this recipe to be quick and kid-friendly, and it is! All you need is some refrigerated pre-made pizza dough, a little oil, cheese (we used three different kinds), cornmeal and garlic powder. Like I said before, simple and easy!
Time to Bake
Actually making the stuffed cheesy bread is really easy, too. First, preheat the oven to 375°F. Then line a baking sheet (we used a 12x18in sheet) with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray, and then sprinkle the entire area of the parchment paper lightly with cornmeal. Next, lay out the pizza. Stretch/roll it out in the shape of an oval as best as possible. I just used my hands to stretch and press it out.
Once the dough is in the shape you want it, drizzle it with olive oil. Next, sprinkle the garlic powder and salt over the dough. The salt is totally optional, but my daughter did use some when she made her stuffed cheesy bread. Using your fingertips, blend the olive oil, garlic powder and salt together while rubbing it over the dough. It’s almost as if you’re giving the dough a little massage!
Get Ready for the Cheese
When the dough massage is over grab the cheese and get ready. If you’re like my daughter then the cheese is the star of this cheese-and-bread show. Sprinkle all three types of cheese onto the dough. You’ll want to leave a small edge around the dough for when it’s time to seal the stuffed dough later. Once you’re done spreading the cheese over the dough, fold the dough in half. It’ll look like you’re about to make a giant cheese calzone. Pinch the edges together so that you’re dough is sealed.
With your dough pinched and sealed, you’re so close to being done! If you really want it to be like the cheesy bread from the pizza chain you can grab a knife and score your bread. We did this because my daughter wanted it to be JUST LIKE Domino’s. Once that’s done it’s time for more cheese! There’s no such things as too much cheese, right? Take your three different cheeses and sprinkle them over your folded and pinched dough. Once your cheese is spread out, it’s time to bake!
Place the stuffed cheesy bread in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. For a little extra browning, you can always use the broil setting on medium for about two minutes. Once you’re done it should look something like this!
Cut That Bread!
When your bread is done it will be very hot. Let it sit for a minute or two before slicing. A pizza cutter will be your easiest tool for cutting the bread into individual slices. Definitely serve and enjoy it while it’s still warm! After you make this once you won’t need to go back to Domino’s for cheesy bread again.
This bread would be great in so many other ways, too. Add some jalapenos for heat, or banana peppers for tang. Stuff it with seasoned ground beef, Italian sausage, or even pepperoni. Don’t want meat? Use some of your favorite herbs! There are so many ways to make this just the way you want.
Enjoy the bread? Add anything to it, or change anything? Let me know in the comments below!
Stuffed Cheesy Bread
- Sheet Pan 12x18in preferrable
- Parchment Paper
- 16 oz Pizza Buddy Pizza Dough
- 3 cups Fiesta Blend Shredded Chese Any brand is fine but we used Great Value.
- 1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornmeal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line the 12x18in baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle the cornmeal over the entire area of the parchment paper.
- Place the pre-made pizza dough on the parchment paper. Either using your hands or a rolling pin, spread and shape the dough into an oval.
- Drizzle the dough with the olive oil. Sprinkle the garlic powder and then the salt over the dough. Using your fingertips, rub the oil, garlic and salt over the entire area of the dough. It'll be like giving your dough a little massage!
- Spread 2 cups of the fiesta blend, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese over the dough. Make sure it is pretty evenly spread out while leaving a small edge all of the way around. You'll need this edge for sealing the dough.
- After you've spread the cheese over the dough, fold the dough in half. The edges should meet. Pinch the edges together so that your dough it sealed. It'll look like a giant hand pie or calzone at this point.
- If you want, go on and score your dough so that you know where to cut it when it's done. This will really give it that pizza chain cheesy bread touch! After you've scored the dough, spread the remaining cheese over the top of the dough.
- Place the stuffed cheesy bread in the oven and cook at 375F for 12-15 minutes. If you want a little extra brown after that time is up you can cook it on the medium broil setting for an extra two minutes.
- Once it's done pull it out of the oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes. It will be really hot! Using a pizza cutter, cut your individual pieces and serve while still warm and stringy!