It’s Fall, y’all! Nothing says Fall more than a warm drink and some pumpkin spice. This Breve-style Pumpkin Spice Steamer is the perfect Fall drink. While it doesn’t have any coffee in it (gasp!), I guarantee that even the most die-hard coffee drinkers will love this one.
The ingredients for this recipe are pretty simple and are definitely easy to find during the Fall season. I purchased most of the ingredients that I used from Aldi. However, I can almost bet that you would find a version of most of these at any major grocery store.
Most grocery stores have a section just for pumpkin spice items. During my trip to Aldi, I went straight for that section. The five ingredients that you need are pumpkin puree, half and half (this is what makes the drink breve-style), pumpkin spice maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin spice whipped cream. If you can’t find the pumpkin spice maple syrup or the pumpkin spice whipped cream, no worries! Just simply substitute in regular maple syrup and whipped cream.
Time to Make the Drink
Before you start to make the drink, make sure you have all of your ingredients out and ready. It maybe takes five minutes to finish the entire process, so you don’t want to have to stop mid-steps to go and grab something. In addition to your ingredients, you’ll also need a small saucepan and a milk frother. If you don’t have a milk frother that’s fine; your drink just might not look as foamy as mine does.
Once you’ve gathered everything, it’s time to make the drink! It’s pretty simple…just mix the pumpkin puree, half and half and maple syrup together. Once it’s steaming, it’s time to froth! And then before you know it, you’re ready to put that whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice on. One sip, and you’ll want to make it again and again.
Pumpkin Spice Steamer
- 1 Milk frother
- 1 1/2 tbsp Pumpkin puree
- 8 fl oz Half and Half
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice maple syrup
- 2 dashes Pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin spice whipped cream
- Gather your materials. You'll want them close by since this drink doesn't take long to make.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree into a small saucepan. Add the 8 oz of half and half. Turn the pan on to medium low to low and let simmer.
- Using a whisk, mix together the pumpkin puree and the half and half. Then stir in the 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice maple syrup.
- Let the pumpkin drink mixture simmer until you see steam. You don't want it to boil, or it could scald the drink.
- Once you've reached your desired temperature, turn off the stovetop.
- Grab the milk frother. Tilting the saucepan slightly to one side, insert the milk frother and use it on low to create a frothiness in the drink mix. Be careful! Your liquid will be hot and could burn you if it splashes out.
- Pour the pumpkin spice steamer into a mug. Give it one dash of pumpkin pie spice. Then swirl approximately 1/2 cup of pumpkin spice whipped cream onto the drink. Top it with another dash of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
- If you can’t find pumpkin spice maple syrup, or pumpkin spice whipped cream that’s okay! Substitute it with regular maple syrup and regular whipped cream. It’ll still taste good!
- If the half and half is too much fat for you, or you want to go dairy-free, you can swap it out for any other kind of milk. I chose to do this breve-style because I like the creaminess of the half and half.
Let me know what you think of this breve-style Pumpkin Spice Steamer! I hope you like it as much as I do. If you’re ready for more pumpkin recipes, stick around…they’ll be here soon!