A few weeks back I shared a quick peek at a delicious Greek Chicken Salad that I had made for dinner. I finally get to share the recipe with you, and just in time for the last day of summer! No matter what time of the year, I guarantee you’ll love this recipe.
So Many Good Things
There are so many good things about a salad like this one. For one, this salad is good for any time of the year. Full of olives, artichoke hearts, onions and tomatoes (among other ingredients), this salad is packed with all kinds of healthy ingredients. Delicious ingredients, too! My whole family loves olives. The fun part about a salad like this is that you can add whatever types of olives, capers, etc that make your heart and stomach happy.
Another thing that makes me happy? This recipe is great for meal prep. Make it on a Sunday (or whatever day you prep), and it can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. You could probably store it longer, but the freshness just might not be there after that period of time. Serve it with some fresh bread or a side of pasta, or even it alone…I guarantee you’ll love it!
Greek Chicken Salad
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 fl oz Water
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 Marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 20 Medium pitted olives sliced
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes diced
- 3 oz Skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, water and extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. This will be your salad dressing.
- Add the artichoke hearts, olives, cherry tomatoes, chicken breast, cucumber and red onion to the salad dressing you just made. Mix with a wooden spoon until all of your ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Add your lettuce. Gently mix it in with the other ingredients. Add the feta cheese.
- Serve with a side of homemade bread or pasta, or just eat it alone as a meal! It can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave a comment below and let me know what you loved about it. Don’t forget to find me on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook for other great recipe ideas and content!